"Our firm works with innovative companies from around the world every day and sees this same level of innovation in the Chesapeake Conservancy. Benchworks is proud to support the Chesapeake Conservancy and its generous, smart, and effective strategies that are critical to preserving and protecting the Chesapeake we all love."
Thad Bench, CEO | Benchworks
"When the Virginia Environmental Endowment decided to recognize the top 22 Partners in Excellence from among our nearly 500 grantees during our 40-year history, Chesapeake Conservancy was among those we honored for its innovative and creative approaches to the conservation movement here in Virginia and across the Chesapeake. We hope our recent work together in the James River watershed will become a model for the rest of the Bay region."
Joe Maroon, Executive Director | Virginia Environmental Endowment
"The Shared Earth Foundation has supported the Chesapeake Conservancy since 2012 because our mission and the Conservancy’s cross at conserving land for some of our most important species, especially those who inhabit the Chesapeake Bay watershed."
Caroline Gabel, President & CEO | The Shared Earth Foundation
- Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail and Werowocomoco
- Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge
- Rappahannock River Valley National Wildlife Refuge
- James River National Wildlife Refuge
- Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Historical Park
- George Washington and Thomas Jefferson National Forests
- Fort Monroe National Monument
- Chesapeake Bay Gateways Network to create 153 new access sites
PROTECTING THE SPECIAL PLACES OF THE CHESAPEAKE
Our sincere appreciation to the individual, foundation, and corporate donors who have made our work possible.